Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Be Funny! Tell a Joke to your child today:D

And encourage your child to tell you one thus building his or her sense of humor. Even if we laugh one more time per day or just laugh once, it's a start. Guessing for most of us parents, giggling is for kids, not us! Have we forgotten how to laugh? I sometimes think I have! I am amazed by how cracking a joke, especially at ourselves, lightens the mood, allows us "adults" to take ourselves less seriously, decreases stress and distracts from the day's challenges. Chris and I have such FUN laughing at Christopher's own laughter at his made up silly knock-knock jokes, which he often just copies from the ones we read from: "Super Incredible! Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids" by Bob Phillips. I bought this book at FMSA's book fair last year. Best purchase! I highly recommend buying a children's joke book. We often read at the dinner table to make more enjoyable for everyone!

As I've told big Chris for years, if just one person laughs at a joke or witty comment, even if it's the one who said it like myself, then gosh darn it, it's funny! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. So let me know who has told a joke today, or has been goofy and spread some laughter.....watch out, it's contagious:D In addition to telling knock-knock jokes, try Wii Dance for Kids for instant goofiness.

Another way to find humor in our lives is to keep track of the funny things we do in our daily routine and share with our kiddies. Yes, we'll have to let them in on that secret that we're not perfect and we make mistakes too. A couple of weeks ago Christopher asked if adults made mistakes like kids do. So since then I have been trying to share ones I made at his age such as ending up in the boys bathroom instead of the girls in 1st grade, on my first day at the school, because I was following the boy in front of me! And last week when I put my hair smoothing product on my face instead of my hair, thinking it was my moisturizer. Not really that funny but I did pause and smile thinking silly mommy, always multitasking.

As usual, added more than just info on the knock-knock jokes! Yes, miss detailed over here. I'll leave you with one of my favorite knock-knock jokes from the above book:
"Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Muffin
Muffin who?
Muffin ventured, nothing gained!"

Yes cheesy but hopefully got a chuckle from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment