Wednesday, December 11, 2013

L & L Session 5 : The Energy Drain Thurs 930AM at Springmont

Hi parents!
Sadly it's already our last Love and Logic session tomorrow, Dec 12th 930 AM, at the Springmont library. The title of this final session is: "What to Do When Your Kids Leave you Speechless." We will go over the Strategic Planning Session, and the Energy Drain parenting tools. I know Michelle, who is on a Safari in Africa, and Julie, who is at Disney with her family, cannot make it to our last session, but I hope the rest of you can! Also if arrive early, there is a book fair going on so peruse the new books...maybe do a little holiday shopping.

» Parents who take the time to put together successful strategic training sessions say the same thing:
"It's amazing! Now my kids are busy watching what I will do....instead of me being busy stressing over what they will do!"«

Remember, If a child is old enough to Remember a promise, he or she is old enough for Delayed Consequences.
Example: With empathy say: "This is so sad. I'm going to have to do something about this. We'll talk later."

Another option, which I learned last April, in Atlanta, from Charles Fay's talk: "Wow, I've never seen that before (chuckle). Hmm, I am going to do something about that but not sure what. Try not to worry."

> Please review your workbook, page 49 for full description of a strategic training session and page 55 for description of Energy Drain. <
{I have a great L & L cd by Jim Fay on the Energy Drain parenting strategy~ please let me know if you would like me to make you a copy!}

As always, the recipe for success is a healthy does of empathy First followed by an appropriate consequence (if don't have one, delay the consequence or say 'oh, man, when you lie to me, it really drains my energy or when you fight with you siblings, or keep whining/ arguing / being sassy, I lose my energy') then Let the consequence do the teaching or the screaming (as Screamfree parenting suggests as well!). We want our kids THINKING more than we are....

See you in the am! Please Keep your email updates coming. I love hearing how things are going.
Cheers,
Andrea

Andrea L Gooldy, M.S.
Parent Educator, Coach and Workshop Facilitator
Independent Love and Logic Facilitator 'Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun!'
Certified Screamfree Parenting Leader AndreaParentCoach@gmail.com www.andreaparentcoach.com

No comments:

Post a Comment