Thursday, October 9, 2014

Parenting the Love and Logic Way ~ Session 3 : Fri

Parenting the Love and Logic Way ~ Session 3 : Tomorrow Friday 9:15 AM April Oct 10th at Springmont ~ enforceable statements, the "uh oh song" and the strategic training session🌟

This session is about "Setting Limits Without Waging War"

Hello to my wonderful Love and Logic parents,

If anybody wants to meet at nine to start the video from last week that we missed, I will go early. Please just let me know. Probably best if you text me to advise your early arrival as I see my texts quicker than my emails. Ok?

"Never tell a stubborn child (or spouse) what to do. Describe what you're willing to do or allow instead."

We will learn....
• The secret to setting  enforceable limits
• How to teach kids to listen the first time we ask
• A powerful technique for very young children
• And more ideas for taking good care of ourselves

Please bring your workbooks so we can practice turning our words into gold, aka enforceable statements. Enforceable statements often start with :
"You may ......"
" I will ......"
" Feel free to ....."

When we use enforceable statements, we dramatically increase the odds that our kids will listen very carefully when we open our mouths. 

Unenforceable: 
"Use your manners!"
Enforceable: "I will do things for kids that use 'please' and 'thank you'"

Unenforceable: "Get in your bed and lay down!"
Enforceable: "I read when you're laying down and quiet"

Unenforceable: "Lay down so I can change your diaper. " 
Enforceable: "You may go outside to play after you have a new diaper on."

Unenforceable: "Don't be disrespectful to me!"
Enforceable: "I will be happy to do the extra things I do for you when I feel treated with respect."

Please let me know if anyone has read the Empathy book to your kiddos. You can borrow it, or if you like, buy it from me for what I paid, which is $10.95. Just thinking they would be good gifts for family, friends and new parents or a treat for your family 👭👬👪. It is about teaching our children what empathy looks like and how to use it, but also reminding ourselves as to what it looks like as well....empathy is a skill, that we need to learn and then practice, over and over again.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow am! 

Andrea 
404-932-9393 


Andrea L Gooldy
Parent Educator and Coach
404-932-9393 

No comments:

Post a Comment