Monday, March 2, 2015

This Weds March 4th L & L Session 4 at Springmont

Hello Love and Logic Parents!
Want to know how to get a child to do almost anything you want??? Model the behavior with Great Joy 😋!! 
Our next session is this Weds March 4th, beginning at 9:15 am, at the Springmont library. The title of session 4 is: "Limits Create Happier Parents, Happier Kids, & Happier Families." Please note that I am trying to get at least one more morning session, at Springmont, the week of March 16th or the week after. All depends on conference room availability. I will keep you posted. Please let me know who can make it this Weds morning by emailing me back. Thanks:•] 

This week our session will teach:
* Why kids actually crave the same limits they seem to dislike
* How to set these limits in ways that create cooperation rather than chaos
* How to end battles over getting your kids ready to go in the morning
* Many more tools for lowering your stress level

We will discuss Avoiding Unwinnable Battles by using Enforceable Statements ~ some of my favorites:

Unenforceable: "Quit Whining!"
Enforceable: "I will listen when your words sound like mine."
Or "I listen when you use your words"

Unenforceable: "Stop being Disrespectful!"
Enforceable: "Would you like to talk more softly to me, or talk more loudly to the mirror in your room?"
One of my girlfriends has used the below successfully with her 4 1/2 year old daughter: "Do you want to stay with me using your sweet voice or go be sassy, in front of the mirror, in your room?"

Unenforceable: "Stop picking your nose!"
Enforceable: " I will listen to you when your finger is out of your nose"

Unenforceable: 
"Use your manners!"
Enforceable: "I do things for kids that use 'please' and 'thank you'"

Unenforceable: "Get in your bed and lay down!"
Enforceable: "I read when you're laying down and quiet"

Unenforceable: "Lay down so I can  change your diaper. " 
Enforceable: "I take kids outside to play after they have a new, dry diaper on."

Above is just a teaser of what we will go over Weds morning. Hope to see you all, even if arrive late or need to leave early. All this learning builds on itself. The more you hear it, the more you see  it, the more you will be able to use these techniques on a regular basis. 

Cheers,
Andrea 

Www.loveandLogic.com
Andrea L Gooldy
Parent Educator and Coach
404-932-9393 

No comments:

Post a Comment