Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Support is Priceless and Inspiring Quotes

Such great sharing, supporting and chemistry in your group!!! And how perfect that you ALL have girls. Stephanie asked that I forward all your email addresses so you can keep in touch, with hopes of eventually meeting up for coffee and chatting soon. Knowledge is power and I say, SUPPORT from like minded moms, PRICELESS.....keep building your own Village for yourself and your children. Let me know if schedule a time to meet around Sandy Springs, and I'll join you for a L & L follow up. See below for some Awesome quotes that I found this week on ScreamFree's facebook page. I shared the thief quote in class.

Happy hump day ~ be proud of yourself for your Continuing Parent Education journey. You all are increasing awareness, learning, growing and helping yourself, families and others. Just as best to highlight our children's positive behavior, please notice when you are calm, when you give effective choices, when you are being playful / funny / silly, when your are using empathy, when you model forgiveness, patience, respect, love, gratefulness, self-discipline, wellness (diet, exercise, spirituality, financial, emotional, mental), when you show self-acceptance (that's one of the most difficult for me!). Let's make a e- "pinky pact" or "pinky promise", at night or at start of the day, to think of at least one think you did well. My thing, albeit small, is that I am writing and sending this email right now, vs procrastinating and waiting until later! Please keep in touch with me as well. And Share with others about what you've learned. The more you repeat and explain, the more can put into practice. As Jim Fay says, "Parenting should be called Practicing."
To be Continued.......
Andrea

"Being a Good Mother Doesn't Mean You Forfeit Permission to REST."

"Comparison is the Thief of Joy."
Theodore Roosevelt

"Be careful not to do something permanently stupid because you are temporarily angry, stressed, scared, tired or hungry.
Karen Salmansohn, notsalmon.com

"To BE KIND is MORE important than to be right. Many times, what people need is NOT a brilliant mind that speaks but a SPECIAL HEART that LISTENS."

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I Remember. Involve me and I Learn. " Benjamin Franklin

"It is not happy people who are Thankful, It is Thankful people who are Happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment