Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Review of L & L Session # 1 and Check-in

Good morning Moms!
From Session 1, Empathy is the most important skill. Empathy is learned so we can develop it. As I noted in class, empathy CHANGES brain chemistry by soaking up emotion thus preventing fight-or-flight reactions. None of us learn too well from the consequences of our actions when we are "drunk on emotion."

* BY Delivering A STRONG DOSE OF EMPATHY Before Delivering Consequences, we can help our little ones THINK & LEARN from their mistakes. * The goal is to have our kiddies thinking more than we are....even if that means delaying consequences until we're calmer and are able to come up w/an appropriate consequence w/o anger, lectures, etc. I'm curious what momma D came up with for daughter L's scratching outburst / meltdown.

~ Here's to our contributing to more Empathy in the world!! And even getting some back :D ~

What's your empathetic statement?? "I know" is working best for me w/both my son & my hubby. How's your empathetic statement working for you? Is anyone using "I Love you too much to argue? " Notice different results from using empathy vs lectures, anger, warnings, sarcasm.....

Please do a reading or two in workbook or an exercise (I have my workbook in my car so I often read a page or two while sitting in carpool line), listen to your cd's, even if for 5-10 mins, to keep learning & formulating Your gameplan. Think emailing is an effective tool to pause, brainstorm & gain encouragement. So pls keep the emails coming w/progress, mistakes, frustrations, successes, questions, etc.

Thank you for investing in yourselves and your families! Andrea=)

No comments:

Post a Comment